Friday, February 18, 2011

Son of Laughter


Currently, I am reading this. I don't remember why I checked it out. I know that I was browsing online at the Library for parenting books, yet I can't remember how I found this particular book. I would certainly not want to emulate much of the parenting skills found here.... Anyway, it called to me in some way. Maybe because it 's authored by Buechner, of whom I would like to believe is a close friend though we've never met. Maybe it was because my son's middle name is "Laughter" aka, Isaac, which is who the title is referring. I am not sure. But what I do know, is being half way into it I am loving it. It makes me uncomfortable, it is thoughtful and though provoking. It is providing skin and guts to a biblical narrative I've heard numerous times and it's as though it's through the eyes of Jacob. Fascinating.

No comments: